Feb 20, 2009

Why did the chicken cross the road?


To Get to Kendal's Birthday Party!

Can you believe this party? I had to look twice. YES it is a CHICKEN party. The birthday girl is a big fan of these feathered cuties and so her 5th b-day party was centered around this theme. Her mom Dusti, whipped up this little shindig. Hold on to your feathers and get ready to marvel at all the cute details. She made these great invitations. A Googly eyed Chicken in an ever so dashing party hat asking that big question.
She also made a matching chicken banner. As you can see a few of Sandra Boynton Stuffed chickens were also in attendance for the festivities.The kids got to take them home as favors



Activities included a musical chicken game and a game of rooster-rooster-CHICKEN!

Aalong with Pin the beak on the chicken.


As for the cake. the Birthday girl requested that she be on top of the cake with her 3 chickens (her three stuffed chickens) . The cupcake idea came from Wilton's "Cupcake Fun" book and Dusti credits the Fondant chicken idea to Maisie Parrish . She said it was her first time doing fondant sculptured animals/people.


Now let me know what YOU think.


I for one love that Kendal likes chickens so much, her birthday is centered around this theme and two-that Dusti did not shy away from a particularly difficult theme. Don't know about you, but I don't recall seeing any chicken party items at Party City lately
.

Fantastic job Dusti and thank you again for letting me share your sweet party.

Party on!


Free Signature Generator
Images and Fabulous party: Dustin Nakamura

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this party ideas. Great party !!!

http://smurfans.blogg.se/index.html

Brenda said...

One of the cutest parties I've seen! Such an original theme and just beautiful decor!

I am in awe that it was her first time molding fondant figures!

amy & lisa said...

This is the cutest party I've seen! Love it! I blogged about it and am sending people here to check it out.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Kendra@My Insanity said...

So cute! It goes to show, most any theme can work if you go for it (and are really creative). I would never have thought of a chicken party, but this is adorable!

michelle said...

Now that is a theme party, wow! I so love it though :)

Rachel Hagen said...

A chicken party?! Who would have thought...love the idea. So cute!

Anonymous said...

This was such a cute idea.
I love the cake! Where did you get the the cake tier from?

A Cupcake Life said...

Thanks for the fun write up, Natalie! The chicken madness all started after my daughter got a Sandra Boynton chicken in her Easter basket. She named her Hattie and has been her best buddy, ever since then!

Setting the Mood said...

So very cute. Who would've thought an old school joke could be a party!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love it something different.

cathy said...

I am super priveliged to call Dusti one of my closest friends. I just wanted to share another awesome creations she is responsible for. She did these incredible lego cupcakes and cake for my son's 5th birthday (http://livinglacerda.blogspot.com/2008/08/nathans-5th-birthday.html)

The chicken party was so much fun, all of the kids had a blast and the details were truly amazing!

Natalia said...

Anonymous or 5 comments back....Dusti made the Tier herself with wrapping paper and cake bases. See her blog to get more info.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely ADORABLE! I love the cake/cupcakes. What a terrific idea!

So fun! Thanks for sharing.

Connie

Ms. Jasmine said...

Can I here a QUacK Quack Applasauce. So Cute! I nominated you for a Blog Award. Go check out your nomination on my Blog. Great Blog! Keep up the good work

A Cupcake Life said...

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

What darling ideas. My daughter has real chickens and I know she would go crazy over the adorable cupcakes! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love the whole theme, how appropriate. I'm usually not into this kind of stuff but you really put something fun together. Great birthday party theme

Kyla Armstrong said...

Love this post! I have a cupcake blog and I gave you a shout out on our blog!

http://cutecupcakesallthetime.blogspot.com/

The Challenge is on

The Challenge is on
Follow along

Popular Posts